Also known as Paulichu or MoonFigures
Formally known as Linepau1
Jan 16, 1989
1. How long have you been collecting Sailor Moon items?
I’ve been a collector since 2007, but a fan for as long as I can remember.
2. How many items are in your collection?
MFC reads over 900 items that are applicable to their database, so I’m willing to bet closer to 1200 including my English media, as well as my paper advertisements, and posters.
3. Do you keep your items in the box or are you a ‘de-boxer’?
Definitely a de-boxer. I’ve tried. I kept my Chibi Moon wand in the box for about 3 or 4 years… but HAD to de-box for a photo shoot it just HAD to be included in XD.
4. How do you display your collection?
In 3 glass cabinets (Ikea Detolfs/Jysk Saja), and on shelving.
5. What was the first piece that started the whole thing?
The Cutie Moon Rod when I was younger. The second time around my love was rekindled by the DVD set my ex gave me at the beginning of our relationship.
6. What is your favorite/most treasured/meaningful piece in your collection?
My giant 3ft tall Sailor Moon plush. When I found her I was having a rough day. A car dealership had given me a hard time and had spent hours trying to pressure me into a new car. I left shaking, and went to a Value Village a block over to calm down and do some therapy shopping. Sailor Moon was sitting there missing the blue in one of her eyes, and with a minor seam tear on her head… and was marked at $10 instead of the hundreds she goes for online. I immediately snatched her up, drove her home (she sat seat belted into the front passenger seat), and fixed her up. She took a horrible day and made it 100% better.
7. What is your most desired collection piece that has yet to be acquired?
Basically all of the RPG items from SuperS.
8. What is your favorite category (dolls, cels, etc) for collecting from and why?
Figures and dolls. I love the detail, I love the ability to pose. As a photographer and artist they’re the most fun to work with.
9. Is there any item/character that you wish had been made into a toy?
I’m still wishing for villain figures that aren’t garage kits. At the moment the Zoisite!Moon S.H.Figuarts has been announced and shown painted, but I’d like to see the Kings in their uniforms, and Beryl. Can you imagine how amazing Quartet Figuarts would be?
10. Where do/did you find most of the items in/for your collection?
Previously I purchased basically everything locally from other collectors, or at conventions. With the 20th Anniversary merchandise though I’ve learned to do a LOT of online shopping. Some items are too good to pass up, and I’ll never see them at retail prices or under after release.
11. What is the greatest length you have gone to for a particular item?
…I’m 26 and living at home. *cough*
That said, I’m moving out, and I SO CAN’T WAIT!
12. What is the most expensive item in your collection?
My Sera Myu Sailor Moon gashapon figure. She was $200, and she sits in a place where I can always admire her while I’m at my computer.
13. What was the best bargain you’ve ever managed to get?
My 3ft tall Sailor Moon plush for $10.
14. How do you feel about bootlegs?
Too be honest, I quite enjoy bootlegs. Not reproductions of actual items, but funny dollar store knock offs. Illegal reproductions are annoying, and out to fool people.
15. Do you have plans to sell your collection in the future?
Definitely not. I love my collection, and hope to make it one of those that fill an entire bedroom.
^^^That was a response from years ago… I’ve since brought my collection to a bunch of gashapon and plushies on a wall shelf, to hundreds of items filling my bedroom XD. Yay! Goal reached!
That said, I don’t plan on selling my collection, though I do often find items, realize I don’t enjoy them anymore, and pass them on to collectors who might enjoy it more.
16. Do any of the items in your collection have a neat story behind them?
My favourite story is the one I told about my giant Sailor Moon, but I won’t tell that one again.
I do have this mass of older merchandise that I got from a friend who collected while living in Japan, and then passed it on to me for SUPER cheap. Those items make me happy, and feel like they helped push me along as a collector.
17. What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
It’s so much my thing that it’s basically how I’m identified locally LOL. It’s not a negative thing. I have hobbies like art, conventions, movies, and such. I also have a decent love life. But as a nerd who does nerd things I often find myself being called “Sailor Moon girl” by people XD. No one close to me ever remarks negatively.
18. Do you collect anything else, or just Sailor Moon related items?
I have a fairly decent sized Disney Princess (Merida, Rapunzel, Ariel, Frozen) collection right now, and a few random Magical Girl pieces.
19. What do you think the lowest quality/least desired kind of Sailor moon
I think at this point in the anniversary the only appropriate answer is CRYSTAL STAR LOCKET EVERYTHING.
20. Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I enjoy being friendly and helpful to the Sailor Moon community. I’ve built a lot of knowledge, and I want to share it.